Thursday, December 07, 2017

Cavalock and The Overseas Supermarket Inspection

I guess you could say it was the vacation over a decade in the making. The Baker-at-Home and I finally made our way to Kuala Lumpur for our long deserved vacation. One of those so near yet so far holiday destinations if you know what I mean. Needless to say, we stuffed ourselves silly on some glorious street food and almost slipped into a lethal food coma mere hours later. More on that in a later post.

We did what we always do whenever we are in another country, we visit their supermarkets! And we were pleasantly surprised to find some pretty cool items on sale. Check this out, Haggis and other porky canned food in the non-Halal section! The last time I had Haggis was back in Edinburgh in 2009. Anyway I sure don't remember any of our supermarkets having such a well-stocked porky aisle before. Who knew? I definitely wasn't expecting this in a country like Malaysia.




I suppose no spermarket or grocery store here is complete without some Kopi Luwak or Tongkat Ali item. Heh, and no, I didn't buy any.



Back in 2014, when me and the guys were in KL for our Magic: The Gathering/Makan road trip, this was how this block of abandoned building along Bukit Bintang looked like. Three years later, it's still exactly the same. For some strange reason, I just seemed drawn to it. ;)


No comments: