Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Cavalock and The Lost Week of Miniature Gaming

Nope, I wasn't back in Japan again but the Baker-At-Home was in Osaka and Kyoto with her friends last week. Her third Japan vacation this year but hey, who's counting? She had the luxury of savouring this season's Haagen-Dazs flavours. Clockwise, that's Annou Imo (sweet potato), Sweet Strawberry, Salty Butter Biscuit and Hojicha Latte. Gotta remember to ask which was her favourite.



So the plan for my home alone week was to ... err, never mind ... it doesn't really matter what the original plan was, I ended up mostly tidying up the tiny apartment and playing more a couple games of miniature wargaming.

Played the new Games Workshop game Shadesphire, Age of Sigmar Skirmish and then an epic 2-hour plus Age of Sigmar pitched battle. I believe that's the most miniature wargaming I have ever played in a week. Certainly a joy to finally field my freshly painted figures and seeing them marching across the table. I still have so many more miniatures to paint. Unfortunately all this painting has taken me away from my writing and ... well, them words ain't gonna write themselves.






Heh, that little voice in my head whenever I look at my ever growing collection of games, books, Lego, books, miniatures and books.


No comments: