Sunday, August 18, 2013

Cavalock and A Week of Pizza, Games and Red Bamboo

Well, this certainly turned out to be an interesting week! So I found myself back at my old stomping grounds around United Square where I lived and grew up during my secondary school daze. Was told that there's a (new?) pizza joint in the neighborhood Extra Virgin Pizza so naturally that's where we headed for dinner. Ordered the prosciutto and arugula pizza with a side order of oven-fried clams and glass of toasted pineapple and vanilla.


The pizza didn't blow me away but it wasn't bad. Preferred the clams to the pizza. The service was good and I would go back for a second visit cos there were a couple other items on the menu that seemed kinda interesting, but definitely not gonna be in a rush to do so. I guess if you are looking for a decent pizza joint in that area, Extra Virgin Pizza is pretty good choice after all.



Now here's something I found in my late uncle's room in the old family home that I won't be selling just yet. It's a 1961 hardcover edition of Red Bamboo and according to online sites, it's going for US$50 to US$100. All right, I know it ain't exactly the Necronomicon but still it's the oldest books I have found so far. I plan to take my time reading it and decide what to do with it later. Any suggestions?


This was also quite a big gaming week for me. The Star Wars Living Card game I ordered on Amazon finally arrived BUT only half of them showed up. We got a new addiction as we are playing the new iPad game Solforge. But one thing stood out! It has been ages since I won anything in gaming competition so it is with great relief that I present to you the prize I won in the Star Wars Living Card Game tourney. The special Luke Skywalker card. Yes, it's still cool to me even though it was just a lucky draw prize. ;)


No comments: