Saturday, January 05, 2013

Cavalock and The Scion's Swizzle Sticks

Not exactly a food post but I guess it's still within the culinary realms, introducing retro swizzle sticks! Still clearing the old family home and look what I found, over 40 retro cocktail swizzle sticks from the 70s and 80s. My late uncle was working in the US most of the 70s but I guess when he's back home, he must have spent a lot of time boozing in our local hotels although most of these places are now gone. Can anyone recognize all of them?


Let's see now from left to right we got 2 shangs, Hyatt, Mandarin, Imperial, Marco Polo, Holiday Inn and Oberoi.



Sounds pretty fancy. It says Wall Street Club but I have no idea if it's really from New York. But it might make sense since my late uncle was in the banking industry and lived in the Big Apple.


 Was there ever a Tom's at our local Shangs? Or maybe this is more another country?



Again, I don't remember a Hotel Summit here....


Looks like Kowloon was pretty happening back then. I never get to go to places like that! :(


These definitely look like they aren't from around here. Phuket, Tokyo, Hawaii and on the Amtrak.


Awww... these are probably the craziest and coolest swizzle sticks ever! Do they still make such swizzle sticks these days?


Been awhile since I posted some of 79 year-old Dad's latest pix. Yup, he's still into them eagles. Got him a iPad mini last month so he can look at his pix as well as watch Nat Geo wildlife documentaries.





2 comments:

M. said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing the collecting. I wouldn't have otherwise remembered those sticks !

Cavalock said...

Hah, glad to see that someone remembers them too!