Thursday, December 27, 2012

Cavalock and The Ice Pop Experiments

Merry Christmas everybody! Yah, I know I'm a day late but I got kinda caught writing something else. Hope everyone got to stuff their faces silly. It's a weird feeling this year. I mean being a caregiver also means I can't leave the country. So now I tend to stay away (as best as I can) from reading my Facebook and (sometimes) Tweets for obvious reasons. Hmmm.... alright it's the holiday season so none of that sad stuff! ;)


So a quick little update on the Zoku instant ice pop maker I got earlier this month. Managed to whip up a couple more new flavors with the help of one of my favorite after-dinner drinks, Yakult!


First was Pokka Blood Orange juice with orange-flavored Yakult. Exactly half portion of each. Turned out not bad but also not as sweet as I would like it to be. The Yakult helped thicken the popsicle adding a richer flavor to the whole thing.


Next up was grape's turn and we have a winner here! Enjoyed this concoction of equal parts Ribena and Yakult grape way more than the orange one. The grape taste was more flavorful and intense. I definitely enjoyed this a whole lot more.


4 comments:

red fir said...

These yakult popsicles look better than the previous one. Make a baileys one next! ^。^

Cavalock said...

Not sure if there's a bottle of Baileys at home or not...

bookjunkie said...

looks fantastic...makes me want to buy the gizmo.

Cavalock said...

Yah, its quite fun to come up with new and weird flavors!