Monday, October 22, 2012

Cavalock and The Star Wars Sprite Surprise

When I was a teenager, me late mom would heat up one them frozen chicken pies from the supermarket and I would have that for tea. I guess you could say that was my little version of frozen comfort food. So having heard bout this new joint that has got chicken pot pie on its menu, I naturally had to go try it out. Plus it being just a 10-minute walk from my apartment made it a no-brainer.


So was the chicken pot pie at Suprette along Jalan Besar Road any good? Well, it wasn't bad nor did it blow me away with chicken pie awesomeness. Although it was pretty wide (notice I said 'wide' and not 'big') pie, it wasn't very deep. I would guess the pot or pan was bout 6 inches across ... I'm thinking 6 inches cos that's bout the height of my action figures. :P


The inside was tasty enough but a little too watery for my liking. And the S$14 price tag was I thought a little more than what I would pay for a chicken pie. Still, the rest of the menu looked rather tempting and I would probably drop by again.


After all those classic vintage stuff, it's time for some retro geek! Here's something from my own stash instead of the family 'treasures'. Back in 1980, (new) Sprite ran a promo with a little sci-fi film called The Empire Strikes Back and guess which kid drank lots of Sprite that year. Inside each bottle cap, on the rubber liner was a pix from the movie. So here's my Empire Strikes Back Sprite bottle cap collection.


For all you Star Wars geeks out there, there's a rather glaring mistake in one of the caps, can you spot it? ;)





And now the moment you all have been waiting for! All two of you who gave a shot at guessing which tea set was from where. It's the answer to my last post's question!  Well, the one on the left is from China which makes the one on the right from the UK!


2 comments:

red fir said...

Have you tried Pies & Coffee @ Rochester Mall? Heard the pies are pretty good, and more reasonably priced.

My guess was correct for the tea sets!

Cavalock said...

Hah! Congrats on the guess!

Nope, haven't been to Rochester Mall for awhile but I will be heading to Star Vista again for their Texas Chicken free one-piece promo! :P