Friday, August 05, 2011

Cavalock and The Return of The Arctic Roll


How many people out there remember this from his or her childhood? Birds Eye Arctic Roll ice cream cake. Its been back in the local supermaket frozen aisles for like a year now. Well, when I was a kid I had them almost after every other meal.



Cold, sweet creamy goodness plus thin layer of yummy sponge cake round it. It’s like a little slice of my childhood back in my mouth. Now here’s the slightly bizarre thing, just about everyone I spoke to never had it when they were young. No one remembers it or has had it before. I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone of desserts. Look, it even says "It's Back!" on the box so that means it was sold here some time back.



A futile attempt at a sepia shot of a slice of Arctic Roll here. But still tastes as good as ever. <^;^>



Here’s something I snapped on my way back from lunch. Quite possibly the most useless or redundant public campaign ever. Or maybe the very first campaign that I that fully support? Really, who needs convincing?


5 comments:

red fir said...

Of coz I remember Arctic Roll! Love this loads as a kid & I still do! And like you, I had it almost after every other meal too. Gawd that was some awesome ice cream cake, that's why I always look afterward to aftermeal desserts. It's really strange no one remembers this. haha maybe those people you asked are too young to have even heard of Arctic Roll. ;p

heh your slice here is very thick!

Cavalock said...

Nah, think the ice cream in there is bout one-and-a-half scoop. ;)

imp said...

i gotta say i've never heard of this, and have never tried it in my life! i only had the saralee pound cake thingies.

i no support this campaign leh. not if it means stale oil and lard still being used....

red fir said...

I think imp is too young. (: (:

Cavalock said...

There's no ice cream in the sara lee cake rite? Maybe imp's man has heard of it!