Sunday, November 21, 2010

Cavalock and The Meidi-Ya Hokkaido Fair Temptation


Guess what, I was at the Hokkaido Fair but it's not the one you would expect. Instead of the usual fair at Isetan (like every four months?), the other Japanese supermarket on the island is having its own Hokkaido Fair too. Yup, Meidi-Ya is having its own two-week long Oishii Hokkaido Fair till the end of the month.

I don't think it's their first time having it but anyway there I was this afternoon after an Iron Man related event earlier that day. They got the usual Hokkaido ramen, milky confectionary and crabs, crabs and more crabs!


Lots of cool stuff like these eye-catching roll cakes, great packaging! They got white chocolate (my fav!!!) as well as the usual vanilla and I think strawberry.


I didn't buy any this trip maybe next time. So what did I get from the fair? Six little tubs of Naganuma Ice Cream. At S$5.30 per tub, it's like the most expensive ice cream I have had for awhile.


So here they are sitting nicely in my freezer. :) Flavors picked were Pumpkin, Hokkaido Pumpkin, Red Bean, Hokkaido Milk, Potato & Butter and Custard Vanilla. Don't fret now, I'll be back at the Fair for more stuff later this week. So look for more updates later!


Now here's something I thought might be interesting to do. I'll post cool gift idea stuff that folks out there might like to get as Christmas gifts starting with this. Spotted these upstairs at Kinokuniya Liang Court. Pac-Man moleskines! Aren't they cute? <^;^> But I have no idea how the inside looks like.



Let me know what you think, leave a comment or give me a tick in one of the little boxes! Thanks!

3 comments:

red fir said...

OMG!! I so want that ice cream in pumpkin, red bean & hokkaido milk!!! When is the fair ending?

Jer Lin said...

lucky you, i wish i could cart tubs of japanese ice cream home too but i live too far away from isetan! potato & butter ice cream sounds interesting...

Cavalock said...

ice: Ends 30 Nov. you still got a week!!

stargirl: oh, its not at isetan. its at Liang Court basement, river valley court. i took a bus home and it was blazing hot yesterday afternoon!