Saturday, August 28, 2010

Cavalock and The Blogging Boogaloo


Quick! Pop quiz! Name one 80's movie with the word 'Boogaloo' in the title!

Its been a pretty interesting week for bloggers here in Singapore. You got he-said, she-said food fight and then some guys got busted for complaining online bout the government.

Damn, I wish I was a 'real life' food blogger. Maybe this could have been a free meal if I was one. It's like I'm this close, just toss in a couple of more adjectives the next time I write bout food and WHAM! free meals wherever I go! Whoo-hoo!


All right, now what you got here is the yakitori bento set from Kushigin at Cuppage Plaza. I believe they are the outfit as Nanbantei since the menu and food look exactly the same. But the price sure ain't cos the last time I was at Nanbantei which was late last year (I think), the same set was going for bout S$14 plus and here at Kushigin, it's only S$12.50. That's two bucks difference!

Taste-wise (now that's a word you sure don't see in a regular food blog), no complaints there. Just as tasty as at Nanbantei, only problem I found was the chicken balls were much smaller here.


Well, the Youth Olympic Games are finally over so maybe I can make a comment without the fear of getting of busted by the authorities. Hey, I'm not kidding here.

So can anyone tell me WTF kinda sport that is? I have no idea, it's like some kinda musketeer or swashbuckling sport. You got a rapier in one hand and a pistol in the other. I used to fence, sure don't remember firing any firearms back then. But if that's a real sport, that would be so cool.

4 comments:

red fir said...

lol. That's why I love reading your blog cavalock! It's so much more interesting.

Cavalock said...

<^;^>

Clare @ Mrs Multitasker said...

Hey I'm digging the new blog template =) Great picture of wooden spices with spices at the top!

Cavalock said...

Thanks for dropping by! Yah, blogger has lots of new templates. This spice one seems to be the only one i like.