Saturday, October 24, 2009

Cavalock Gets Trippy on Breakfast


Gosh, I sure hope I'll not boring anyone with my U.K. pix. Hah! Anyway, so it's back to London after like four days in Edinburgh. Cool thing bout London ... you see lots of people reading! Books and magazines are so much cheaper there, I mean here in Singapore, a three pounds book or mag would cost like S$14 or more! It's crazy!

Besides books, I got some stuff that I could never ever find here. Like this, a very yummy poppy seed bagel for breakfast! With cheese, eggs and bacon of cos.


Yup, poppy seeds, the kind used for baking, are banned here. Naturally, I wolfed it down like a junkie just out from rehab. So folks, don't narc on me! It was all perfectly legal!

Saturday morning at the famous Borough Market. Was freakin' crowded, kinda like Chinese New Year's eve in our Chinatown ... should have gone on a weekday, maybe next time I guess. But the weather was good and so was the food.



Cheap, good and very, very fresh oysters. Sure miss them...


Hey wow, this is my 299th post and I thought maybe for my 300th post I'll do or post something different. Any suggestions?


6 comments:

red fir said...

Interestingly, I know Da Paolo is selling poppy seed gelato. I'm not so sure how since it's banned here.

Cavalock said...

Go narc on them! <^;^>

... or maybe its fake poppy seed n they been lying all this time!

imp said...

i didn't realize poppy seeds are banned here. i brought back bottles of it from sydney for the friends who want it to bake with!

Cavalock said...

Haha, all u crazy runners r all the same...;P

Richard said...

Books are more expensive in Madrid than in Canada (not to mention, they are in Spanish - English copies are even more expensive).

My parents used to complain the poppy seeds they could buy in Canada were all too dry. They said the seeds in Poland were better. Incidentally, my mother used to make a poppy seed pudding (this used lots of seeds, several cups full: cook the seeds in a little milk with honey and raisins. Soak rusks in honeyed milk. Alternate layers of poppy seed paste and rusks. Decorate with slivered almonds. Chill it. To serve: spoon into bowls, pour warm milk over it, enjoy. Looks something like this. It is called 'makowki' in Polish.

Cavalock said...

hah, the poppy seed pudding sounds interesting!