Saturday, February 17, 2007

Again With The Comfort Food

Gezz, has V-Day just passed me by? Well, to be honest, was just too busy with work to make a big deal out of it. I did managed to catch the latest episode of Two and A Half Men on YouTube that day so it was a pretty good day for me. I thought of writing something about past loves for V-Day but how do I talk about my past 'social life' without sounding like a cad? I don't for now. Maybe one day I will.

Anyway, the last weekend till today was just one long cleaning up and getting ready for the Lunar New Year. Got my pussywillow the other day after work. I figured it's kinda like our local version of the Christmas tree, only a little more naked. You buy it during the holiday season, dress it up a little and ...er...ok, there are no presents under this plant...so I guess that's about all the similarities to the Christmas tree.

Work has been hell and it's gonna get a lot worse before it gets any better. So off I go for my comfort food session namely getting the best Japanese food my money can buy. Finally managed to hit somewhere that I have been eyeing for awhile now, Kaisan, a pretty expensive little place at our famous Raffles Hotel. Here's a very good review of the place by Skinny Epicurean. Every word is true. I was there alone on Thursday nite. Got myself a counter seat. Ordered some sashimi and cha soba, my usual at most Japanese joints until I find out more about the place. I'll definitely make a return trip one of these days, probably end of the month or early March. So if you see a guy in t-shirt and jeans, alone having dinner at the counter, that's me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad u liked it :)
-skinnyepicurean

Cavalock said...

Hi Mia,

Saw yr latest review! Looks great…will definitely go there again next week, most probably thurs nite.

B said...

Ah, the power of comfort food. So, aside from Japanese food, what else do you consider comfort food? I'm always curious about what people prefer in that vein.

Also...interesting about the pussywillow. I didn't know about that custom.

Anonymous said...

woow that series of sushi was looking awefully goood!!
wats that remark on rape? lol
love ur pic of chinese christmas tree! merry christmass!!(belated)
hugzzzz