Sunday, July 09, 2006

Life's Soundtrack

I love this song. Back when I was starting out and doing my own thing. Watching the Wheels by the late, great John Lennon was like my theme song of my early life. The lyrics fitted me exactly and I could totally relate to it.

Watching The Wheels
by John Lennon


People say I'm crazy doing what I'm doing,
Well they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin,
When I say that I'm o.k. they look at me kind of strange,
Surely your not happy now you no longer play the game,
People say I'm lazy dreaming my life away,
Well they give me all kinds of advice designed to enlighten me,
When I tell that I'm doing fine watching shadows on the wall,
Don't you miss the big time boy you're no longer on the ball?

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round, really love to watch them roll,
No longer riding on the merry-go-round,
I just had to let it go,
People asking questions lost in confusion,
Well I tell them there's no problem,
Only solutions,
Well they shake their heads and they look at me as if I've lost my mind,
tell them there's no hurry...
I'm just sitting here doing time,
I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round,
really love to watch them roll,
No longer riding on the merry-go-round,
I just had to let it go.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

lovely... very much so indeed... i have heard this song like only once... but now, reading the lyrics adds a whole new definition... of course, influenced by my current circumstance...

not quite the same, though, but i like frank sinatra's my way... and that is my theme... ;)

...regrets, i've had a few
but then again, too few to mention
i did what i had to do
and saw it through without exemption

... i've loved, i've laughed and cried
i've had my fill
my share of losing
and now, as tears subside
i find it all so amusing

... for what is a man
what has he got
if not himself
then he has naught
to say the things he truly feels
and not the words of one who kneels
the record shows i took the blows
and did it my way


thanks too, for your constant encouraging words...

Richard said...

Nice lyrics.

imp said...

i love lyrices. love how i can relate to them. take the same song when you love at 15 and look through that now...and you start to pick up different lines that mean differently to you now.

ghee said...

I love John Lennon`s songs,too!

And this song reflects you,so its good to know a little of you :)

Cavalock said...

Angiebern: you r welcome!

Richard: Daleks vs Cybermen in the season finale!!! Although I don’t think I’ll ever get to watch it here…

Imp: you mean like finding dirty lyrics in nursery rhymes? Just kidding! I know what you mean.

Ghee: hi! I got some pix (mostly food related!) from my Kyoto/Tokyo stint that I’ll put up soon.